Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend update and some of Fav things...

Weekend update...
Well the weekend was fab. Went to Jilly's Cupcake bar and indulged in the "Bee Sting". Elle had a blast and my mom and Gary (step-dad) enjoyed their Lemon Drop cupcakes as well. Saturday evening we ate at Trattoria Giuseppe and my review would be that it was pretty good. We had eaten there in the past and I had previously gotten a pasta dish (the special that night) and it was delicious. This time I got the Chicken Giuseppe and it was "okay". I would have to say that I think the place might be too small for it's business. There are a TON of people who LOVE this restaurant (me included) but the wait-staff seems minimal for the amount of traffic that goes through that place. So all in all my first experience there would of been an 8 on a scale from 1-10, and this time I would have to say it was a 6. One more thing - my SIL had to return her steak as it was not prepared the way she would of liked. She likes it bloody (Med-Rare) and it was well done. So another minus. Sunday was fun - the usual house stuff, grocery shopping, dropping the car off for an oil change, etc... BUT the weather was beautiful so the kids and I had a picnic outside and we played outside for the majority of the day. Sunday night the weather turned scary - took the kids to the basement at 11:30 p.m. because of tornado warnings - had to wake up Wes - poor boo boo. Elle was up with the lightening. So off we went to the basement. Weather passed and we were all back in an bed and asleep by 12:30 a.m. FUN OH FUN!!!

Okay onto my favorite things...
Seen this before and thought this might be fun. I have a few things I will NOT live without and would stand behind these products 110%. My ALL TIME favorite skin care cleanser is from Serious Skin Care and it is called the Glycolic Cleanser
I use it every morning and night and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I love all her products and would NEVER change - http://seriousskincare.com/
Next I moisturize morning and night with Aveeno Daily Calming Moisturizer and I LOVE IT!!!!!!
I ONLY use Bare Esentuals make-up. I love the light weight feel and the NON-cakey feeling. I have been using this for years and never stray. http://www.bareescentuals.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BareEscentuals-Site

Next - I don't wear perfume very often but the ONLY one you will find under my vanity is Chanel COCO Mademoiselle - I find this scent to be lovely and fit for EVERY occasion.
I am also a HUGE lip-gloss fan and swear by Loreal Color Juice - it is light and sheer and I WON'T be without it. Sorry I don't wear lip-stick - I stick to my gloss.

You won't ever find me without my coffee and I love Italian Sweet Creme as my creamer. Okay those are some of MY favorite things for ME.

Favorite thing for Elle - LEGGINGS, LEGGINGS, LEGGINGS... I swear the best thing EVER. You can dress them up, dress them down, wear them to bed, etc... They ROCK and so does Elle in them.

Favorite thing for Wes - his WHOOZIT. He loves this toy so much and it is fun and hip... He loved it from the day he came home from the hospital and 8 months later he is still loving it.
As far as Eric - he uses Serious Skin Care as well and wouldn't change - he loves it and he has very very nice skin. He also LOVES Static Guard - HAHAHAHAHA. I KNOW but I swear he uses it religiously - especially with St. Louis weather in the winter. HAHAHA. Eric and his static guard.

Okay these are some of favorite things - have a great Monday everyone and talk soon....

4 comments:

  1. Where do you get Elle's leggings? Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love Gymboree. Target and Kohls have a great selection too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is why she loves leggings. You created it! LOL

    ReplyDelete