Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oh Happy (Wednes)Day

Well, hello there. Ummm. If you have been following me - you will know that today is a MOST joyous day:) If you haven't - check it out HERE or HERE or hell you can see it throughout ALL the old posts. Eric DID come through and take the kids to daycare for me, which means I RULE and I had an AWESLEMO morning. So I thought I would walk you through my glorious morning.

Alarm went off at 4:00 am - woke up, threw on some work out clothes and hit the treadmill for a great 5 miler.
I look thrilled
After finishing up my work-out I hit the showers. it was so nice. My neck is killing me - I think I slept on it wrong or something. I just let the hot water soothe my aches away. HEAVEN!


Put on some clothes and then checked on my babes... this was the fabulous sight!
Elle asleep
Wes asleep
After getting ready I headed down stairs for a nice cup of coffee.


I also threw together some snacks to get me through today, tomorrow, etc...

Sorry all you Greek Yogurt fans - I like that shiz somewhat. I can stomach it for so long and then I have to take a break. Right now I can't stomach shoveling another Greek yogurt down my throat that has the consistency of Cocoa Butter lotion. So onto my Yoplait and artificial sweeteners.

3:00 pm sugar attack snack
My final and always MOST needed snack. 

This is one item we have in EVERY room of the house. You know we have kids we run and work-out and this helps those joints and aches, blah, blah, blah. Seriously my NECK IS KILLING ME. 

Ummm is that a jacket you see - it is. HELLOOOOOOO 50 degree mornings.
 

Oh wait little Missy is up - looking all cute and all AND not a peep to her Daddy about the clothes - must of been nice for E creep.

AND finally my Mister brushing his teeth. 


Off to work I go - ALONE in my car, coffee in hand, 105.7 on the dial, and not a care in the world until tomorrow morning.

In honor of  "official talk like a pirate day" a joke for you. This was Elle's Halloween joke a few years ago - she was a pirate. 

How much does a Pirate pay for earrings? A BUCCANEER! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. If you don't get it a buck an ear. BAH!

Any favorite snacks to get you through the day? Greek vs. regular yogurt? Pirate jokes?

Have a Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat Day mates


22 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading about your morning. Ha! Cute jacket btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelli:) and it is only 8 am here - ha!

      Delete
  2. I hate when I sleep on my neck wrong! It always seems to take a week for it to go away. Here's hoping it is much quicker for you :)

    Also: I agree with Shelli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am hoping it goes away ASAP - I have a 10 miler on Saturday and honestly I had to PUSH myself through today's 5 because it hurt like a bia. Ugh..

      Delete
  3. Yay for mornings in peace! Go hubby! I am currently on a Greek yogurt kick but I agree it does have an odd consistency. Those Dreamy Clusters are my fave...so good and not bad for you! I snack on almonds a lot too. Loooove your jacket!! So cute! Yellow is a great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - the jacket is from TARGET! Those Dreamy Clusters are pretty much my equivalent of Hostess. HA. Love them.

      Delete
  4. Many things...
    1. I have no idea how you get up at 4am! That =s middle of the night for me! 5am, I can totally handle, 4, no!
    2. Love the tiling in your bathroom! We just built our house last Oct and still need to do some tiling around the tub. I love how you went near the shower too! I was thinking of that but wasnt sure... now Im sold! Its a must!
    3. Emily starts daycare next Monday and hubby will be back to taking the kids in the morning! I get to head out on my own every morning!! But I will still have to get them up and dressed for the husband to take them... whatever! Moms are just awesome!
    4. Where did you find these skinny cow candies!? I need them asap!
    5. Do you ever take excedrine? Its my drug of choice... pain relief + caffiene!!! It seriously is my afternoon snack sometimes for a little pick me up! I gave up soda, and not a huge coffee drinker so I guess I have to get it thru drugs now!? eeks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl - if you want me to take more pics of the bathroom I can send them to you. I am so glad we did that - I love it:) I buy those skinny cow things at Schnucks or Dierbergs - they are in with the cookies (see where I go at the store) LOL... I just dropped a few excedrine - so glad I did. My neck is killer. AND Mom's are AWESOME!

      Delete
  5. Way to go with the run this morning! I love Cardio first thing in the AM! Your jacket is adorable- where's it from? Too cute!

    Talk like a pirate day humor...

    Where do Pirates like to eat lunch?

    Arrrrrrrrbyyssss

    Ok I'll go be cheesy somewhere else! hahaha Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAH.... I love it - cheesy jokes are my FAV! I bought my jacket at Target a few years ago. Love! I am such a morning worker outer. Fav.time.of.the.day.

      Delete
  6. Funny how little girls are always angels for daddy and terrors for us. Glad you got your relaxing morning and hope your neck feels better. That has got to be one of the worst pains to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know like this pinch you just want to move your head really quickly, pop it, and then it subsides. ugh...

      Delete
  7. I love your bathroom! We live in an old bungalow and do not have that kind of space. :)

    And I think I have the blue version of that jacket... Tarjay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA. Tarjay All the way!!!!! I love the blue version - all they had left was the yellow - but it grew on me.

      Delete
  8. I thought about you this morning when J called me to let me know the kids were tardy and he broke the tween's straighter and the boy was definitely at school in cleats. So glad I missed all that even if I was at work! I am glad you got your day, even if she did behave for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl - it was so lovely and you are so right - all havoc can occur and we were far, far, far away!!! HA.. Oh heavens a broken straightner is going to = hell tonight and a trip to get a new one. Ugh... Thanks again:) Now let's see how tomorrow goes:)

      Delete
  9. Too cute, love the pirate joke! Why couldn't the little pirate see the movie???? Because it was rated ARRRRRRR. :)

    Good to hear that you are having a better day and I love your coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that joke. Thanks for the coat kudo's:)

      Delete
  10. My go-to snack is Hidden Valley's Nature Thins, dark chocolate. Only 80 calories, and just enough to take care of the cravings.

    Lucky you having a stress-free morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had those and I think they are awesome. Dark chocolate always makes me feel better for eating it;)

      Delete
  11. Yay for the hubby taking the kiddos to school! I am currently on the Greek yogurt kick BUT I couldn't finish mine this morning. As a matter of fact, I kinda gagged. Maybe I need to switch up for a little while. My favorite snacks are those Goldfish graham crackers. They're def not the best snack but they are whole grain and I love the vanilla cupcake flavor. It satisfies my craving for a cupcake! Ha! And the pirate joke made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I am on the switcheroo kick right now. Those sound so good. I know cupcakes make me happy. Hope your day went swell.

      Delete