Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Roundup Boo Boo style

Monday Morning - hey yo! I hope you all had a splendid weekend - I know I sure did:) Wanted to catch you up on the weekend fun.

Saturday -  Woke up and ran a 5 miler. I ran a different route this time- down Becker to Telegraph to Christopher and back. I swear it felt like 12 miles but was only 5. Say what? Not sure if it was the change up of routine or whatever, but it was harder than usual. I wore my new Nike Thermal-Fit Pullover - love it!
Sweet Robot Sleeves:)
Then I came home got ready and headed out in search of some new BLING BLING. I want to upgrade my wedding ring (the engagement ring part) and I am thinking RIGHT NOW is a good time;) So I headed out to Vinciguerra Jewelry to try on some new sparkly things. YAY!!!
Diamonds make me HapPAY!
I definitely figured out what I want to do and hopefully we can "make it happen". I will post pics of the old and new and see what you all think soon. So my feeling on this trip - SUCCESS!

I came home to see my doggie FINALLY groomed. 

Before
After
Then the rest of the evening was pretty much a "wash". We hung out on the patio - it was GORGEOUS out. I mean G.O.R.geous out. I love the flippin fall.

Yes that is Eric with a blanket - he's hard core.
Sunday - Woke up and did my 10 miler at my usual spot - Cliff Cave Park. I ran with the lovely Laura and we finished in 1.43 - not too shabby, but I need to pick up my game. We have one more week/weekend of training and then the half-marathon is on the 7th. HUZZAH! I can't wait:) I cleaned up and we ran to Tarjay and then to Schnucks - the usual "spend too much money" places. But whatever! So finally, my SIL and BIL had their "Open House" so we packed up the troops and headed there. I wore BOOTS again - I think my family is going to be sick of seeing them in a few weeks.

Boots are my best friends
So here is the kicker that rang in the weekend... I was showing Ms. Elle Bell some pictures of me preggo with her back in 2007. Her response made me want to crawl in a hole and hide forever - she responded with "You looked like Honey Boo Boo's mom". If you haven't seen me at my heaviest - check it out HERE Awesome, just awesome. So I drowned myself in a few TALL glasses of Bacardi Limon last night at the open house, and then came home to cry myself to sleep. Kidding not about the Bacardi part. For real she was right - I was B.I.G. and that makes me even more proud to be where I am today. I still have about 10lbs to go - but I will get there. Just gotta keep "redneckin it y'all". 

Lovelies
Kisses to you all...

Any funny things happen this weekend / plans this upcoming weekend - Honey Boo Boo related Stories?

25 comments:

  1. Oh My Gawd, you NEVER looked like anything related to the Boo Boo clan! lol Kids have distorted vision, I believe. :) Love your blog lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely lady:) I know kids are brutal. LOL

      Delete
  2. You were never ever ever ever in the same areana as a Boo Boo family member!

    I'm fighting the last ten too. It's just so freaking stubborn!

    PS Love the pull over? Where can I get one because I'm itching to copy cat!

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit up "Marshalls". I swear Eric bought me a gift card for my b-day and I was thinking "WTF am I going to get at Marshalls?" I went to the work out section and the heavens opened up. It was like SPORTSARAMA. I WILL be going back:) It is a Nike Thermal-Fit and it was so comfortable.

      Delete
  3. Kids are brutal! You would need at least three more chins to look like the Honey Boo Boo momma.

    I am loving the boots weather too and I need to get some tall socks so I can rock your look. Super cute! Maybe a trip to Marshalls is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great girl! I am on my last 11 and while I'm not a runner at all and probably never will be, I can walk faster than anyone I know and I WILL lose this last little bit by C's first birthday in 4 months. ACK! I love the pullover AND I love Marshalls! They always have great stuff there. Kiddos are so sweet! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too girl. I know my goal is to get it off by Christmas time so I can enjoy those fruit cakes - well maybe not those - but all the other sweet goodies.

      Delete
  5. Oh lord I can't wait to here from my kiddo fun things like this. Agree with previous comments that nothing about you remotely resembles "Mama" Boo Boo! Your kids are adorable and boots rule! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too girl - I am thinking this is going to be a "good" week:)

      Delete
  6. I'm lovin' the boots! I was going to pull mine out tomorrow for a girls only lunch date but they are calling for near 80 here, so no boots. :( Way to go on your run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx girl - I know it is probably creeping to the 80's today - so I left my bff boots at home:)

      Delete
  7. 1. You look nothing like honey booboo's mom, oh my gosh what a character hahaha!!

    2. Jealous you get to rok your boots, the heat index was 100 here on Sat :-( YUCK!

    3. This morning when I was in the tween clothing/hair drama it was so nice to remind myself you are not the only mom who has these mornings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I know Elle had a wee bit of melt down this morning - because her leggings were too bunchy. WHAT? Oh the joys..

      Delete
  8. You look so great! Definitely an inspiration. And your patio looks so comfy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet and thank you. We love being outside but not too far from home. LOL

      Delete
  9. Even at your heaviest, you were gorgeous lady! You have such a pretty face and you look pretty in the workout gear. I always look a disgusting mess when I workout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie... You are the hottest mom in the STL. For real. Did you run in a skort? I want to be you. HAHA

    And I died at the Honey Boo Boo comment. :)

    Also, you always leave me the nicest comments, but since your email and comments are linked, I can never email you back.

    If you link them, then every time you get a comment, you will get an email notifcation. Then you can directly email the person back.

    Here are the instructions! :)

    http://www.sweetsimplicityblog.com/2009/08/noreplyblogger.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAH thanks girl - skorts are hilarious. I can't believe I got one but I did and I LOVE IT! I absolutely LOVE running in them now. AND thank you so much for the instructions I had no idea. I am dense like that.

      Delete
    2. Alright I "think" I got it set up now. Hopefully:)

      Delete
  11. Ok...I am excited for pics of the wedding ring! I want to upgrade mine but the wedding band instead of the engagement ring. And as far as Honey Boo Boo...no ma'am! NOTHING about you resembles or has ever resembled that hot mess! And I need to know where you got the boot socks? Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment - I bought my sock boots at ASOS - they have a ton. I love that website.

      Delete
  12. OMG - I would have died if my daughter said I looked like a Boo Boo's Mom. But you are beautiful and NEVER were anywhere close to looking like anyone on that family.

    Can't wait to see your new bling! I'm trying to convince my hubby I need a new one for our 10 year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this is going to be for your 10 year coming up in a few. LOL.... I love ring shopping.

      Delete