Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In.. wait it's Thursday

I did weigh in yesterday but got all caught up in the POTM and Give-A-way fun that I forgot to post. There is still time to enter all the madness - check it out HERE.

So let me fill you in on my last week of TRYING to eat right and run/workout. Basically it goes like this - work keeps providing lunches to be brought in, people keep having b-day's, Halloween functions have begun, more people are having babies/weddings, Eric brought home Keebler cookies from the grocery store and ice cream sandwiches, bonfire smores keep occurring, everyone has Halloween candy sitting on their desk, an unheard amount of Sour Patch Kids lived happily in my home for 1 stinkin day, and I HAVE NO WILL POWER! For real - that is what it boils down to - ME and the slacking. I HAVE to get back on track. It is mind over matter and I guess I cannot grasp that concept lately.


So.. the scale went down 1 pound and I am OKAY with that - considering I really didn't do too much, except stop after 4 cookies and only eat 1 ice cream sandwich and only half of Elle's. I have upped my water (not really well though) and I started back running. I ran 4.5 miles on Sunday, 3 miles on Monday, 3 miles on Wednesday, and 3 miles this morning. I have one long run this weekend and I have to pick back up the strength training AND stop eating tons of sweets. I really credit the 1 pound loss to the running - there honestly could be NOTHING else it could be. Blah...

So here is to ANOTHER week and a better outlook/better mental state. I WILL lose these last 20 lbs DANGGIT - I WILL!!! See I just have to make healthy choices..


Oh I have to give a shot out to my girl Steph over at A Journey Back to Skinny - she nominated me for Liebster Award. Steph is real, adorable, and has the same daily struggles I do - I enjoy reading her posts and her adorable pics. I relate to her on many levels. She truly is a doll baby. Thanks for nominating me girlee.

Here are the questions Steph asked and my response(s):
  1. What made you start your blog? - I honestly started blogging as a way to track my life with my kids. I would love for them to have "something" when they are older that tracked the good/bad times. Stories to make them laugh, cry, and remember their mama. I am not crafty, don't keep books up well, so hey why not the Internet? The blog has morphed into so much more and I couldn't be more thrilled.
  2. Where is somewhere you would like to go but haven't had the opportunity? - Hawaii - when the kids are out of the house and college is all paid for and over... and Eric and I are walking around on walkers - we will go..
  3. Do you have a pet? If so what kind and what is his/her name? - Yes I do. Her name is Asti Marie and she is a Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie). She is my first baby and I love her to pieces. She adores the kids and I could kiss her sweet face every second of the day.
  4. If you won the lottery what the first thing you would do? - Guys.. E has really rubbed off on me. I would pay off the kids college tuition in full, put money away for their weddings, make a great trust fund for them, then give a ton to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
  5. What is your occupation? - System Administrator for large HealthCare System in St. Louis, MO
  6. What is your favorite Halloween candy? - Kit Kat's, Whoppers, and Twix, shove them all in your mouth at once - HEAVEN!
  7. Have you ever broken a bone? - Nope... that might be why I am now married to a Safety Guy.
  8. Do you like to run? - Love it, Love it, Love it - best free therapy around.
  9. Growing up, what is your favorite tv show? - Fraggle Rock and Jem. Man I wish I could touch my earrings and my outfits would change instantly. I wanted to be her so bad when I grew up.. 
  10. What was the best present you have ever received? - besides my children my vacuum. I love to clean and this puppy makes me smile when I do so. Vrrrrrrrrrom..
  11. What makes you happy after a bad day? - Coming home to my sweet, rowdy, knuckleheads or if they are the one's making me have a bad day... A glass of wine followed by a 22oz Margarita - chased with a bag of Swedish Fish. Ahhh.. all better now.
Oh here is a picture of Asti Marie...I love her sweet face.

Almost the weekend peeps - almost...

How did your week weight loss go? Challenges at home? Challenges at work?

22 comments:

  1. I have no willpower either...but Im slowly changing that. Slowly is the key word, ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My challenge is the way my husband eats!! Agh! He ordered Papa Johns last night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree more - E does the same thing. A huge dinner then his dessert is 2 bowls of cereal. AGH!!! It is so hard.

      Delete
  3. your dog is out of this world precious!!! I have two huge great danes and to see a wittle bitty little ball of fluff makes my heart melt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was one of the only adults who couldn't resist candy, but I have learned that is not the case through blogging :) Sugary stuff is my stumbling block! Now it's 19 lbs you want to lose, not 20 right?? Go get em girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I am right there with you. Ugh.. and you are so right 19 - A great way to look at it.

      Delete
  5. I hate running, so good on you for getting back on track! I quit before even finishing couch to five k. It was sucking my soul.
    Aaannndd... there is my challenge. I'm kind of spoiled kid at heart. I didn't like running so I quit. If I want to eat something 'bad' I usually end up doing it after little to no fight. I NEED to get my act together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA.. I do that too - want it - gotta have it.

      Delete
  6. I'm hanging in there with you, Mel!! I can work out all day, but I can't stop shoveling the garbage in my mouth! My goal is to straighten up until at least Thanksgiving. I am going to check on the POTM group now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Jem! I thought that was the coolest show. Plus, one of my favorite sayings now is "The trash heap has spoken" a la Fraggle Rock. I signed up for POTM last night so I need you to be on my ass next month to get my runs in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there chick! This is probably the hardest time of the year to exercise will power! Take in every little victory and let go of the set backs! You are already ahead of the curve with your killer runs. At this point I am the opposite of you. The food is easy most of the time, but getting off my butt to workout is my challenge these days. I am doing it, but not with as much vigor and enthusiasm as before. That is my current challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candy is KILLER. I've been able to avoid it thus far, thankfully my husband eats it all first, so sweet of him to save me from myself LOL Congrats on the pound! That's one less to go, running is awesome! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ughhh it is SO HARD to eat healthy when everyone else around you isn't. I know that feeling ALL too well. But you can do it girlfriend--what I try to do (if I have to splurge a little) is just eat a portion of whatever I order, still enjoy some pasta or a piece of birthday cake, just don't eat the pound of it that I normally would. Common sense, but it still takes a lot of willpower for me to do that! You can do it! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok seriously everytime we eat out I finish crewe's meal off. I mean come in... Kids meals are like $5. No food gets left behind is my motto (and I wonder why I have cellulite on the FRONT of my legs).

    You are a women after my own heart. I LOOOOVE my dyson. Like love it. My poor boy sees me vacuum so much his favorite toy is his little red dirt devil. Didn't you have a post with you son vacuuming?

    Oh and lastly you are smokin and don't look like you need to lose 20. Ok wrapping this novel up! I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's to a healthy week - I'm trying to eat better as well!

    Cystic Fibrosis foundation is close to my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dang! She beat me to nominating you for the Liebster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey if you lost a lb for 15-20 weeks, you'll be there! (not to be read as sarcasm) The time will pass anyway...You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got this! (i say as i munch on a handful of my daughters graham cracker bunnies... but at least they are organic!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a SUPER hard time of the year to try to eat right. Basically the rest of the year is but I have faith in you! Tell me more about this vacuum...I'm in search of the perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hiya! Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for Liebster Award. I apologize if you've recently been nominated. You can view my nomination, and the questions, on my blog. I hope you're able to participate!

    Jess

    http://jessandfam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete