So let me fill you in on my last week of TRYING to eat right and run/workout. Basically it goes like this - work keeps providing lunches to be brought in, people keep having b-day's, Halloween functions have begun, more people are having babies/weddings, Eric brought home Keebler cookies from the grocery store and ice cream sandwiches, bonfire smores keep occurring, everyone has Halloween candy sitting on their desk, an unheard amount of Sour Patch Kids lived happily in my home for 1 stinkin day, and I HAVE NO WILL POWER! For real - that is what it boils down to - ME and the slacking. I HAVE to get back on track. It is mind over matter and I guess I cannot grasp that concept lately.
So.. the scale went down 1 pound and I am OKAY with that - considering I really didn't do too much,
So here is to ANOTHER week and a better outlook/better mental state. I WILL lose these last 20 lbs DANGGIT - I WILL!!! See I just have to make healthy choices..
Oh I have to give a shot out to my girl Steph over at A Journey Back to Skinny - she nominated me for Liebster Award. Steph is real, adorable, and has the same daily struggles I do - I enjoy reading her posts and her adorable pics. I relate to her on many levels. She truly is a doll baby. Thanks for nominating me girlee.
Here are the questions Steph asked and my response(s):
- What made you start your blog? - I honestly started blogging as a way to track my life with my kids. I would love for them to have "something" when they are older that tracked the good/bad times. Stories to make them laugh, cry, and remember their mama. I am not crafty, don't keep books up well, so hey why not the Internet? The blog has morphed into so much more and I couldn't be more thrilled.
- Where is somewhere you would like to go but haven't had the opportunity? - Hawaii - when the kids are out of the house and college is all paid for and over... and Eric and I are walking around on walkers - we will go..
- Do you have a pet? If so what kind and what is his/her name? - Yes I do. Her name is Asti Marie and she is a Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie). She is my first baby and I love her to pieces. She adores the kids and I could kiss her sweet face every second of the day.
- If you won the lottery what the first thing you would do? - Guys.. E has really rubbed off on me. I would pay off the kids college tuition in full, put money away for their weddings, make a great trust fund for them, then give a ton to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- What is your occupation? - System Administrator for large HealthCare System in St. Louis, MO
- What is your favorite Halloween candy? - Kit Kat's, Whoppers, and Twix, shove them all in your mouth at once - HEAVEN!
- Have you ever broken a bone? - Nope... that might be why I am now married to a Safety Guy.
- Do you like to run? - Love it, Love it, Love it - best free therapy around.
- Growing up, what is your favorite tv show? - Fraggle Rock and Jem. Man I wish I could touch my earrings and my outfits would change instantly. I wanted to be her so bad when I grew up..
- What was the best present you have ever received? - besides my children my vacuum. I love to clean and this puppy makes me smile when I do so. Vrrrrrrrrrom..
- What makes you happy after a bad day? - Coming home to my sweet, rowdy, knuckleheads or if they are the one's making me have a bad day... A glass of wine followed by a 22oz Margarita - chased with a bag of Swedish Fish. Ahhh.. all better now.
Oh here is a picture of Asti Marie...I love her sweet face.
How did your week weight loss go? Challenges at home? Challenges at work?