Friday, November 16, 2012

Fact Friday

Well HELLO there. I am OFFICIALLY back in action. LOL There are a few random things today I want to write about but FIRST and foremost, I woke up today to find an email from the magnificent Anna James at Fashion Boulevard - for real I have been stalking her for YEARS. Her fashion sense, style, adorable blonde perfect hair, the fact she writes for Lauren Conrad's blog, etc... make this email all the more AWESOME! I swear this girl took it from small town to BIG CITY and is not looking back - she is an inspiration for all those fashionista's out there. Well, long story short, she read my blog - so I MUST die now. LOL. So I hopped on over to check out her newest post on "Riding Boots" - if you all don't know me by now - I love boots as much as my kids - yes I REALLY do. I am in dire need of some black riding boots - DIRE NEED:) and Anna - THANK YOU for making my day - you gorgeous, adorable, blonde bombshell:)
Anna James - Fashion Boulevard 
Second - here are a few more pictures from Philly. The first picture is the blouse I bought at H&M on Friday before I left for Philly (in my closet pic - ha) - I wore that sucker to the conference, out one night, and slept in it. LOL - Love it:)

Blouse I adore (H&M) - hard to see but it is maroon with a black bow in the front. 
At "MilkBoy"
Okay this one is VERY blurry - but you get the point.
Third - reason I posted the above pic is there will be a hair tutorial coming next week. Yes I PROMISE to get that in next week. I swear it is so easy to do this poof thing - simple as all he**. *Hint* - tons of bobby pins and hair spray. Oh yeah...

Fourth - Yes I haven't ran or worked out since Sunday - WTH? I feel terrible - so tonight it is ON. I have all weekend to get back at it. "Don't give up - pick yourself up - and keep on going". I don't like getting in "ruts" and I don't feel like I am in a "rut" - I am just TIRED. So with a few good night sleeps I will be raring to go. So be on the look out (instagram) for some sweaty pics - Megan they are for you my love and everyone else, of course!!

Fifth - Good luck to everyone running this weekend - I know Mama L has her half and I am rooting her on, praying for her, and I have NO DOUBT that strong, courageous, gorgeous lady will ROCK that half's face off. Also I will be thinking of Holly, Aly, and Darci (you still going?) who are trucking it out to Tulsa to watch her. My next fun run is December 8th and the Santa's North Pole Dash - I can't WAIT! We have a good group forming to run - if you want - SIGN UP and then we all can meet up and HANG, "St. Charles style".

FINALLY - I love these faces - I had the kids Parent Teacher Conferences last night and yes they are fine and developing right along with the rest of the kids. Elle is a DIVA and Wes tests the limits - but come on, you are MY kids - would you expect anything less? Love you small fries:)

Wes Man
Elle - BANG:)

Have a fab weekend.

Black riding boot suggestions? Would you be interested in a "Day in the life of my husband told through the eyes of his wife" link up? Give me some motivation to get RUNNING?

22 comments:

  1. I saw some really cute black Etienne Agnier riding boots at Marshall's yesterday for 49.99. I am also looking for a good black pair! Your kiddos are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Elle is too much, Diva is definitely the word for her! I have a pair of dark brown riding boots and am currently on the hunt for some sleek black boots with heels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! YES to the link up, make THAT happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love boots much as much as my kids too. Some days I think about trading them for the perfect pair of black riding boots (totally a joke)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know how much I'm looking forward to that hair tutorial?!?!?! I always see your hair and get so jealous!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is too cute with all that sass! What an amazing surprise to have an email from someone who's work you've admired for so long. Can't wait to watch your tutorial on how you fix your hair. I don't do too much with mine because I don't know how to fix it other than straightening or pontyail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kiddos are so dang cute! Little Miss is a Diva! :) I live the link up idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading your blog makes my day so much better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a comment from her last night too! I almost died!

    I wish we were able to join the ladies in Tulsa, so much fun!

    I cannot wait to see the hair tutorial!

    Your kiddos are so darned adorable! Have a great weekend girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elle's sassy pose totally make my day! She's a trip! You look gorgeous as always. I totally got a comment from Anna too. I about fell out of my chair. How freaking gorgeous is she?! Can't wait for your perfect hair tutorial! Hope you have a great weekend Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one fabulous looking gal, Gal-ly! ;) Looking forward to the hair tutorial!

    Motivation?? Hmm. GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND RUN!!! :) I tease! Just think of how amazing you will feel after you get that first run done! Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh yay, I cannot wait for the hair tutorial! I am in desperate need when it comes to how to do my hair LOL. Glad to have you back in the blogging world :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay for hair tutorial! wowza, someone who blogs for Lauren Conrad and Guiliana Rancic read your blog, you're famous :) And those boots are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog! So glad that you had fun on your business trip.

    Can't wait until the Bloggers dinner at the end of the month. Now, I just need to start blogging more than once every 10 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! So glad you are back! Philly looked like a blast (coming from the 22 year old...) Girl, if you can rally like you did, you are GOLDEN. A post about your husband through the eyes of his wife=epic. Even better, when you write it and then have him write comments on what you wrote in italic.

    Have a running kind of weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Riding boots and I aren't the greatest friends. I have been blessed with strong (aka kinda big) calf muscles...which means I have a problem with tall boots fitting over my strong (gigantic) calves. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in search of some black riding boots too and I cannot find what I want (and can afford, lol). For some reason the brown ones always look better to me. I found a pair at Kohls that are black with brown at the top so those may end up being the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Melanie! I have nominated you for the Liebster Blogger Award on my blog Esther Norine Designs! I hope you can participate because it would be great to get to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been looking for some cute black boots too! I'm trying to find some cute "slouchy" ones. I am pumped for your hair tutorial because I am always up for a good poof! :)You are such a rockstar getting back into your workout routine I have seen the pics on instagram...way to go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not sure if I'm too late. But dsw has a ton of cute boots. Got mine there. Ralph Lauren black riding boots. Love them and have got a ton of compliments. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not sure if I'm too late. But dsw has a ton of cute boots. Got mine there. Ralph Lauren black riding boots. Love them and have got a ton of compliments. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete