Monday, November 26, 2012

Long Over Due - Hair Tutorial

AGH!!!!!!!! Happy Monday people. For real I feel like I have been off work for a month - with the Thanksgiving craziness. FYI... it went very well - fed 35 mouths, mingled it up, enjoyed my cocktails, and got to clean the house all wonky style;) Oh I even got a great workout and 5 mile run in, in the morning. YAY!



So Friday - I woke up and decided I felt like death but I rocked out another workout barely. Then it was time to take my girl out for a sushi/ice cream swanky city girl night. I was so done with turkey - so D.O.N.E. It was fabulous - I have been waiting, since this girl was born, to do this fun stuff with her - love her:)




Saturday I supported Small Business Saturday and headed to St. Charles Main Street for some shopping with my mama dearest. We had lunch, shopped our faces off, and I ended up with shoes for Wes, shoes for Elle, tights and headbands for Elle, boots for me, and then these ridiculously priced flats I decided I must have (if you follow me on instagram you saw them). They are Sam Edelman and I love them - so comfy and my fav - leopard print:) Saturday evening I hung with my main man Wes - good night...

Sunday I decided it was a month before Christmas so I better get my Christmas stuff out - so yep I worked out and ran and then worked out AGAIN putting up Christmas decorations with a 5 and 2 year old. AGH!!!!!! Here are a few pics...



Finally I ended the night with a cup of coffee with my girl - regular for me - decaf for her.


Alright here you guys go - the lightening is HORRENDOUS. Not just a little bad - it is AWFUL. But I think you get the jist of what I doing. I think my lens was dirty with (.)(.) sweat - all you girls know I stuff my phone in my sports bra when I run/workout - haha. Deal with it:) I promise to do the vlog again this week and make sure the lens is squeaky clean! Oh and I promise to get my workout tutorial done too. I posted my workout but many want to see the moves I do instead of just what I wrote - so I am going to work out for you peeps! LOL As long as I can get someone to hold the camera/phone for me.


Welcome BACK to the Weekdays

Thanksgiving stories? Sushi fan? Stick your phone in your sports bra?

26 comments:

  1. Yay, you made it through Thanksgiving! I'm not a sushi fan but I don't think I have ever tried good sushi? Used to stash my ipod in my sports bra which coroded (sp?) the batteries because of my sweat! What a cute date you had with Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've been busy! The dessert your little girl has - :O yum! And she was so cute walking in on your video! You make the hair look sooo easy. I'm going to practice because I've been wanting to do that style for years!

    I'm a huuuuge sushi fan. It's one of my favourite foods, but I find that it is very very hard to feel satisfied from it - I'd have to eat SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the vlog, I am always struggling with my super flat hair, I shall give your tips a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vlog is great! The (.) (.) sweat only adds to the delightful lighting. :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word I cannot imagine Leah or Emily being that grown up to drink coffee with me! And I love your sushi datenight! We have mommy/daughter events but it usually is to a fast food place... Some day, when the 3 year old can sit still longer than 15 minutes...

    And is she wearing a leotard!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your daughter are twins! Ha! I can't believe she drinks coffee, I don't even drink that stuff! Ha! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Mel! Glad ya'll had a successful Holiday! Elle is just too adorable! Ya'll are twins! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the teasing! I am a teasing fanatic as well! I'm So glad you got your package I hope you enjoy it!'!!! Also happy that the blogging break is over I missed stalking every body's life's! Funny thing my hubs hates social media as well he makes fun of me allllll the time outta love of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girls' night out looked like too much fun and Elle looks like she had a blast. You and your hubby are also an adorable couple and so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter is adorable!! And is that your hubby? If so, we both have us some bald men! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elle likes sushi AND coffee? You are raising one classy kid!

    Also, your mantle is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! That lil girl is presh!!! I can't wait to have mommy daughter dates with my baby girl. And you fed how many people?! I'm gonna start calling you Super Woman. Looks like you had a great holiday! I'm reading your blog at work and my work places has sooooo many websites restrictions so I going to have to watch your tutorial later. I'm excited though! I'm hoping to be sportin' a goodlookin' do soon. Cause this haphazard ponytail ain't cuttin'! Sorry for cutting off all of my g's. It's a Texan thang. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tutorial! I love getting new ideas for doing up my 'do. :) And your decorations look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Melanie! I had a question for you and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Carolyn
    carolynfallon3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh I LOVE SUSHI!!! mmmm!!!!!! SO good!!! I put mine in my boobs too hahaha!!!! Now you know why I almost died running the other night, I was a big ol tangled up mess!!! I love your decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really are super mom! I love your little fireplace set up with all the stockings. And your girl is too cute. She is a little shining star diva! I bet they keep your hands full but you wouldn't have it any other way

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your decor is fabulous! Love it! and I love your hair tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw I love mommy-daughter dates like that! I try to do things like that with my daughter whenever there is a good night to make it happen. She loves sushi too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you!! So excited to try the hairdo!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you had a good holiday! Your little girl is sooo cute- what a fun mommy daughter date! Also shout out to my cuz Bridget lol.

    Good day in St Chuck! Thanks for the tutorial.

    See you Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your daughter is so sweet. I love having a little buddy too. Our 'thing' is tea houses. She doesn't drink the tea but she loves to hold the cup, pinkies up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was checking out your hair when we had lunch and trying to take a few notes {between beers}. I need to go get some brown bobby pins... and be a copy cat. I love your poof and the half up/half down look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need to do more girls nights with O&G. Looks like it was fun! Your tree looks awesome! Also E likes coffee?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just watches this...I know, I'm behind. Any who, love you hair and am trying your tricks tomorrow. FYI, I used to put my phone in my bra and ruined it. My friend who runs marathons like I run a 5k got me a SPIBelt and its awesome. It Does. Not. Move. You should try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah, so for Christmas I'm going to need to send you a proper holder for working out with your phone, hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete