Monday, November 19, 2012

Running for a Turkey & Award

Happy Happy Monday. The weekend has FINALLY passed - said no-one ever, unless you live with me and have two kids that fight CONSTANTLY and a husband who watches "Tattoo Nightmares" all night long. At least I got in my marathon of "Duck Dynasty" on Friday night. Um... does anyone else love Jase? I can't imagine I am the ONLY one:)

Okay back to it - I got in two stellar workouts and two 5 miler runs this weekend, and woke up early and ran another 5er today. I am BACK baby - and it feels GOOD. I switched up my workout a bit and BAM my legs are ACHING, but in a righteous way:) Post Wednesday on my workout routine. I make up my own "thang" - so don't get all too excited. LOL

No Kettle-bell - pick up a dumb-bell - best workout EVER - just ask my girl Fatchick2FitChick

Added this new one called "The Grizzly Bear" - check it out - KILLER!

Alrighty then Wednesday I will reveal the "Mel workout" LOL and don't forget HAIR tutorial this week too - I am thinking "Friday". I am also going to be vlogging it up for Erin and Holly's Turkey Trot Link-up on Tuesday - YAY. You can either blog or vlog your answer to the following questions:

1. What do you look forward to more: the food, football or parades?
2. What is your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish?
3. After dinner, is it football or a nap?
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Which is your favorite float?
5. Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal? Who is there (family, friends)?
6. What is your favorite turkey day dessert?

I know you want to link-up - DO IT!!

Oh WAIT... did I tell you I am meeting Holly and Aly today for some grub - yes sireeee - STOKED out of this world. I can't wait:)

And.. finally Esther Norine Designs has nominated me for the Liebster Award - thank you so much. This is a great way to get to know other bloggers - so here goes.

Random 11 Facts:
1. I am a super CLEAN freak - like it or lump it.
2. I love to bake - breads, muffins, cakes, etc... (hence the working out) LOL
3. I like E 60% of the time - the other 40% are unaccounted for:)
4. I have REALLY great friendships - 2 still since grade-school, 1 since high-school, 2 since college, 1 in the past couple years, my SIL's are my bff's, and my blogger friends I consider great friends too.
5. I watch, what other's would say, are "weird" movies - I like dark, twisted, movies or comedies.
6. I am not what you would consider the "girly" type. Now I like my hair done, nails done, spray tan, etc... but I am the most comfortable in sweats and a t-shirt.
7. I love my job more than anything - I wake up each day blessed to be going where I go. Not one day in 8 years have I woke up and said "I wish I didn't have to go there today". Love.My.Job.
8. I have a secret crush on Justin Bieber:) Not so secret anymore - huh? Might not be him, per say, but his music - gotta sing or dance EVERY time his songs come on.
9. I like to shop at small boutiques better than large department stores (however I still will - can you say SALES) - I support small businesses.
10. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is near and dear to my heart - my nephew has CF and this, my friends, is the charity of my choice.
11. I do my own nails 90% of the time - a manicure/pedicure is a TREAT for me.
12. (I know I am adding one). I am thinking about going back to graduate school (yes I have already been there once) to get a Master's in Health Informatics - yep.. You can NEVER be TOO educated.

Esther's Questions for me:
1) What's your favorite movie? "The Wedding Singer" or "Detroit Rock City"\
2) Where are you from? "St. Louis, Missouri" - lived in Cali, Florida, and Texas as a child.
3) Where do you live? "South County in St. Louis, Missouri"
4) Coffee or Tea? "COFFEE!!!!!!!!"
5) Sweet tooth or salt tooth? "Sweet tooth out of this world"
6) What was your best vacation? "Cancun in college with my 2 girlfriends - best.time.ever and great stories. I loved every minute of it.
7) How did you come up with your blog name and design? "Blog name is simple - we have 4 people in our family, our last name is Waterkotte and I run it - so 4Kottez Runs It - just so happens I love to run too;) My design was done by "Hubby Jack Blog Designs" - best decision I made. He did a fabulous job, great turn-around-time, and totally created what I wanted."
8) What is your favorite way to relax after a long day or week? "Running, drinking some Margaritas at a Mexican restaurant, a glass of Pinot Noir, or reading one of my naughty novels"
9) What is your current obsession? "oh man I am NOT giving this one away;)" so I will go with Swedish Fish.
10) What is your favorite thing about the holidays? "My kids coming down the stairs on Christmas morning, Peter our Elf on the Shelf (the kids love this), the food of course, chillier weather, and I love boots, so colder weather = BOOT time;)"
11) Do you bake, cook, or craft? "Baking LOVE - yes I cook, E doesn't even know how to turn on the stove, craft - nope"

Well there you go - you have a little more information on myself. Now you are to nominate others - but I did this awhile back, so I don't want to repeat or anything - basically you can look at the blogs I follow and if you go to ANY of them - you will be hooked:)

BTW - I host Thanksgiving at my house for 35+ people - went shopping on Sunday - CRAZY Crap - so get your butts there soon or you might get run over by 5 million people trying to buy a can of pumpkin - oh the Holidays - Love em;)

And for your daily dose of the Waterkotte children.



Happy Monday Lovelies

Are you going to link-up on Tuesday? Do you do the "Elf on the Shelf" at your house? Favorite small boutique?

25 comments:

  1. Look at you doin work Mel! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel! Hopped over from The Story of Us and wanted to say cute blog! I am also a runner, but only have one kid (so far). Someday, i'll have two like you. :) Anyway, have a great thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to Turkey link-up tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO excited to meet you in a little bit!! :)

    I don't like to bake but feel free to send me all the good foods .... yummm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohooo! Great workouts!

    I wish I had a bit of clean freak in me - mom would be so happy then. lol
    Bieber sounded great on the acoustic at the AMA's I thought! My mom loves him too and thinks he's beautiful. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, I love Jase too! And have you seen his younger years pics? What a cutie. They all have those adorable dimples. That show just gets better and better, haha.

    Way to go. You got back into the workout groove in a big way! I can't wait to read your new routine on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so not a clean freak, although I wish I had that sometimes. My house is more what you call "casual cluttered". Go you getting your workouts in. I need to incorporate more strength training, but I've been slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you, buff the stuff!

    This will be our first Elf on the Shelf year... I am not fully sure how to introduce it. Maybe I should read the book first huh? I am thinking we will bust it out this weekend... I am a Thanksgiving lover and have to get thru that holiday before I can even think about bringing out the Christmas stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're going to do elf on a shelf next year I think...Braxton doesn't get (read: listen) to "no," so I don't think he'd get the full effect until at least then;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. His vest. I DIE. I am also so jealous of your lunch I dont feel bad for sending you a photo email of things you will never be able to UNsee again! haha!! Oh and did I mention she lives in the Lou... :-) If you run into her and dont video your hysterical falling down laugh that will be the result, i will never forgive you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Thanks for answering my questions! Its so much fun to get to know each other. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whhhhat? I'm missing a meet up? Bah humbug! Look at you knockin out 5 milers like they are going out of style! Rock star! i'm totally linking up with the ladies tomorrow- I heart thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jase!! Too funny! He is my second fav, Si is my first! That show CRACKS me up! always gives me a good dose of laughter! :)

    Way to go on the runs and workout! You look amazing!

    Can't wait for tomorrow's linkup! And your hair tutorial! Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally doing the link up tomorrow. There be some good Small family traditions in there. Lucky that you get to have lunch with Holly and Aly! Can't wait for your tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm definitely going to try and link up...as I am still learning bu it sounds fun! I hope I'm as cute as you when I grow up! Happy Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can not wait to hear about your routine! Please tell those gawgeous gals hi for me! Hope you have a Happy Monday and YAY for vlogs. Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Weird question - I went to school with an Angie Waterkotte - and I live in the Lou as well - any relation?? ... Haven't seen her since probably high school but just curious =)

    Can't wait to see your workout post!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, a fellow clean freak! My husband thinks I am just anal. Whatev. Your workouts look like they are very effective! Your legs look amazing. Keep up the good work, Chick-A-Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey girl! Great job gettin back on your game this weekend! I'm sure it feels goooood - I wouldn't know since I ran right off the wagon after my Saturday PR :)

    Tatoo Nightmares, WTH is that? Also, please don't tell my husband about it....sounds like something he would get sucked into.
    LOVE Duck Dynasty! Jase is great but Phil is my favorite. He is just so old-school and ridiculous....love it, love it.

    Have a great rest of the week and GOOD LUCK with hosting your whole fam!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmmm Jase. I definitely have a SLIGHT crush on him. Never thought I'd like a man with so much beard lol. Glad you are getting back in your groove:) I am also I sweats and tshirt girl. I have always been this way.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your kids are so adorable! I love my weekends, but always look forward to Monday as well. I love my babies and hubs, but I am not programmed to be a SAHM.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Melanie!! Lunch with you was super fun-- it went by way too fast. I was ready to booze the afternoon away-- damn Aly needing to go to the airport. :)

    I'll be back tonight to see your linkup!!

    Happy Tuesday, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can I borrow your brain?? I wish I had the umph to do grad school once much less twice! Loved reading all the random things about you :) Obviously I'm behind in blog reading, thats what happens when school is out and I don't have boring classes to sit though :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. We did the Duck Dynasty marathon too! Who knew beards were cute? I'm a new follower (I think I found you through Holly!) :)

    ReplyDelete