Friday, December 21, 2012

What Would Eazy do? Run a Half...

Well I am back. Ha.. Didn't take me long on that one. I woke up and thought "What would Eazy E do?" so I decided to "Mother F Dre, Mother F Snoop, Mother F Death Row... yo...and here comes my left blow, cuz I am the E-A-Z-Y-E and this is the season to let the real Mother Fin G's in". Yep... there you have it... Marcy, Lindsey, and Megan - you should be so proud of me today...;)



Thank you all who commented yesterday - it really helped me to get out of the "funk" and to just MOVE on. OVER IT!!!

So with all that being said. I can't believe it, but it is almost time again to start training for my next half-marathon. AGH!!!!!!! It is the GO St. Louis and it is on April 7th. I don't follow the Hal Higdon training schedule. I trained for the Cowbell by using this one - HERE. I like the flexibility of this schedule better and it suited my lifestyle. Plus the run was GREAT and I vowed to use it again. So I am going with that one. Since the schedule is set for a 12 week period, my training begins on January 13th. BOOYA!!! I can't wait to get back in the "groove" again. I have to admit I LOVE training for these runs. I really do. I can't wait to knock it out and beat my 2 hr 9 min pace. I am hoping for right at 2 hrs or if I could push it (maybe unattainable goal) under 2 hrs. I am REALLY giving my all this time around and WILL be shaving off minutes - no doubt about it!

In between, I have a few fun runs coming up - a 4 miler in January with the lovely Kim and the St. Patrick's day 5 miler. I love this one - you run, then booze all afternoon while watching the parade. One of my favorite days of the year;)

Also I will be posting some RESOLUTIONS next week... I keep them about 2.6% of the time. At least I write them down, right?

This is going out to all you studio gangstas

Any upcoming runs? Operation Red Bikini in order? E fan?

20 comments:

  1. I was more of a Skinny Pimp and Playa Fly kinda gal! You know those two? They were rather violent and I'd die if I heard my kids listening to either.Ha! Sometimes I still listen to them and the memories. Geez! Glad today is a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Lindsey!! I LOVE some PLAYA FLY.I met him on my 20th birthday and may or may not have got on stage with him and sang "Nobody Needs Nobody" in a tiny little club/bar called Tequila Rock. True story.
      Good luck on your training Mel!

      Delete
  2. You got this girl! I hope to rock the half marathon I'm training for but I am terrified! You are one of my running heroes so I can't wait to hear about your training.

    P.S. Can't WAIT to see your New Years Even ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. niiice, it's kinda greaaat to have a big race to look forward to. NO doubt you will be shaving some serious minutes off your last 1/2!

    Oh and yes, I love the procompression socks! They are again 50% off until Dec. 27th if you are interested - http://gearup.active.com/Product.aspx?l=00010734109400000000&p=PRC01231&sc=00010734109403140000

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that running schedule. I am about to begin training for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon that is on April 28. I hoping for a finish time of 2:30. You are super fast. It must be all that dirty rap you listen to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are a closet ghetto girl - you look so sweet in all your pics so it's like BAM - SUPRISE!

    Good luck training for the half - you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been researching training plans... I NEED to get faster. I want to find one that lets me still do CrossFit too. I'm kinda nervous about this run. Last year I was rebounding from the mental defeat from a Marathon DNF and was totally burned out on training. Let's hope this year is better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your training... Eazy E never disappoints in the motivation department! ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I love me some eazyyyyyyy EEEEEEE!!!! Haha I am glad you shook the funk lady! I tagged you in a New Years thing on mi blog :-) So dooo iiiitttt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I never got the chance to comment yesterday, but you are AWESOME and for anyone to not think so is ridiculous! Be confident in who you are and forget about the rest!

    And yeah for half training... i am doing some sort of plan... that is pretty similar to what I run right now during the week, but throws in the big runs on the weekends. I am excited for it to start too! ... and I totally want to get close to 2 hrs, and under if that is even possible! WE CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh you are my soul sista! Didn't Eazy E sing "Gimme Dat Nut"? pretty sure that was on repeat on my winamp in college...ahh the good ole days! I'm starting my half marathon training in Jan too, it's my first one so I've got the runs marked in my calendar...definitely need some Eazy E on the playlist. Play on Playa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to come run with all you girls in April, but the thought of a half marathon still scares the crap out of me. I haven't even worked up to 4 miles yet! Ah well, I just need to get over myself and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always wanted to be able to 'rap' the words to that song on the movie Dangerous Minds back in 8th grade along w/ everyone else, but I am the worst at deciphering lyrics. I can't understand what they are saying so I insert what I think they are saying, which is never correct. :) Glad you're so cool, ss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday but I am so glad to see you back today! I am a new follower and love your blog. You crack me up! Keep doing what your are doing girl!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You girls that run a half rock! I couldn't do it, but so proud of y'all that do!!! Can't wait to do the no carb with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh....that St Patty's day run and beerfest sounds uh-mazeballs!! I need to move out your way! Y'all have the coolest running events and the coolest blog Sistas out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holla hooker! You got this mama! I've already told Holly that I'll be in STL to cheer y'all on that weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. New follower, Kimmy sent me over from her blog. Have a great weekend!

    Allison
    http://allisonbc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahahahha, good for you! eff em! Sooooo, 2.6% huh? That's randomly specific!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its not my first time to visit this web page, i am visiting this website dailly and
    get nice information from here daily.

    Here is my web site: read what they said about it

    ReplyDelete