Monday, January 21, 2013

Miles, Wins, and The Man

Good morning everyone - it's MONDAY baby. I hope you all had a GREAT weekend - I KNOW I did. Oh don't forget about  Laura's and my "Favorite Running/Workout Attire" link-up that we will be hosting tomorrow. I don't have the button HTML ready yet, yes I procrastinated... but I will soon. We all love good workout/running attire, honestly I love buying running clothes - let's be real I love buying ANYTHING;) So link-up with us and show us some of your fav's. You know we love to go out and buy each other's shiz.


Alright time to re-cap this weekends miles/workouts. If you follow my on instagram this will be a repeat - if you don't and want to find me, it is @missmel_joy. I am an IG addict and I love it.

Friday - yeah... I ate Mexican with my girl and then came home and relaxed. I was tired from the week and from being sick. So... NADA! Off Day...


Saturday - I woke up early and headed to Cliff Cave Park to run with my girl Laura. We ran 5 miles at a 9:42 pace. It was a nice run, but I was struggling with the breathing with my cough and all. I then went straight to Fleet Feet to get some new running shoes. I wanted to "try" something different, so she brought out some Saucony's for me to try, and I ran in them for a bit.. Yeah... NOPE... I love me some Brooks and have realized I am a "true and through" Brooks girl. I ended up with the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13. I also snagged myself some new socks and this adorable pink Nike pull-over. Love them all and even the shoes are cute...


Then I decided to watch some Mizzou hoops in the afternoon - yeah sorry... but they were getting KILLED by Florida - so I laced up again to try out my new shoes. I AM one of those people who wear the shirt I bought THAT day. Deal with it... I did a quick wardrobe change, put on my new socks/new shoes and out the door I went. Ran 3 miles at 9:43 pace then walked 1.5 miles for a cool down.




That evening I couldn't WAIT to watch the Blues play some Hockey. I REALLY REALLY REALLY missed that sport. All you peeps who like to say "who cares about hockey" or "there are two kinds of people here - those who love hockey and those who don't give a f" - YOU don't have a team in your city... TRUST ME - if you did or you do and don't like - you are CRAZY... Now THAT is a sport - get your booty out there and skate for 3 periods, with a stick, while you knock the crap out of each other. COME ON... Don't be hatin... Jealous much??? BTW... Welcome Tarasenko - way to make an entrance.... Yes we won 6-0 over Detroit.



Sunday - Got up early and worked out some whole body strength training, with hitting my legs HARD. Wes made an appearance.. I have some projects going on around the house (will post when finished) - so continued with those . I then decided to hit up a "trail" run. The kind of run where you run on gravel and hope you don't bust your booty on the down slopes. LOL... Well it was HARD - the hills were KILLER and I was huffing and puffing like a mad woman. BUT... I made it... 4 miles 10:23 pace. I slowed up big time with this type of run... but I loved the change of scenery - so I will keep at it.




I won't recap the games for you but both my picks are in the Superbowl - so yeah for the 49ers and the Ravens. Kyra we RULE!!!! I am picking 9ers - cause I want to... Your pick?

Okay this post is getting winded... so last thing and most importantly, if you haven't heard, Stan Musial passed away on Saturday evening at the age of 92. If you want to read more about it and the wonderful man he truly was - there is an outstanding article in the St. Louis Post Dispatch from Sunday. I am an article keeper - so I here it is (the image)... It's going in my "article" box. Want to read more - read it HERE.


Alright there you have it my miles, wins, and losses (The Man). I hope you all have a great Monday and hope to see you tomorrow for the link-up.

Monday Out
Your miles this weekend? Off days? Hockey fan?

23 comments:

  1. This red wings girl does not want to talk about that game...hockey is the best sport to watch, I think. Love your new gear, super cute as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove brooks. and way to go with all these miles. You are going to KILL the half. Trail runs scare me. Like I'm going to break something lol. You're braids are adorbs, btw. Just another reason I have a blogger crush on you.... hehe (creeper laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.5 miles for a cool down?! That sounds like my actual run! Haha! You're rocking the running, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Canadians are ridiculously excited for hockey!!

    LOVE that pink workout top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad face....Can't believe my Falcons defense blew that game! :::SIGH:::

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are soooo stinkin' cute! I picked the 9ers and the Ravens, too. I am pulling for San Fran! It's going to be a GREAT game! I'm going to attempt C25K this week....here's hoping I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're stylin' and profilin' in your workout gear! I've decided that I'm not buying cute workout great until I lose 20lbs. That's my goal gift. Hope your Monday is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang girl, it was like workout central for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe the falcons threw it away and that the ravens won! So crazy. Sponge bob posted pics from the blues game hahahahahahahahaha.

    I am totally linking up tomorrow. I own zero things to work out in this far so I will put my kimmy twist on this fashion show and y'all can tell me what to buy hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. A tried and true Brooks girl here as well. LOVE Hockey. We dont have a local NHL team but we do have a wonderful jr. hockey WHL team. The Spokane Chiefs. Both my boys play hockey and well we kinda sorta love the sport. So happy to see the return of the NHL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both teams I wanted made it to the superbowl! Im rooting for the niners too since I am a Cali girl...even though Im like 6 hours away from SF haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a running machine. Love the new kicks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you are inspiring with all that running! You go girl. :) Also, I was so proud of the Blues. And scoring 6 for Stan- classy as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you dropping it like it's hot in your basement. Gah, I need cute running clothes! I will be sure to plug the linkup for you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will wear things the day I buy them too - I have to. Getting new gear is the best! I use it as extra motivation if I ever need it. I wish Cinci had a hockey team! I went to an NHL game once and it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excited to read this linkup! I doubt anyone is interested in hearing about how I bounce around in my living room in Nike shorts with an old t-shirt. Ha! I am excited to hear what everyone else likes so I'll know what to get!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's the fun in buying new clothes if you can't wear them right away? I'm getting some new running shoes this week and I can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Post baby - trying to get back in shape! Up to 4 miles with a 10:00 min mile pace - you are keeping me soooo motivated! Love your blog! You ROCK! Tell me more about your Garmin! and I have always worn NIKES and I want to try some new shoes so I think I may try some Brooks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhhh wish I didn't have to go to work, I want to link up I have lots of fun attire :( This is probably be the new story of my life, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your new running gear. I am definitely the same way. Something new?? I have to try it out immediately and build my entire outfit around whatever new stuff I bought, LOL:) Nice runs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to have weights at my house! I'd rather skip cardio and go straight to weights but I know I need cardio to lose weight. If only our house were bigger....


    I would wear the pullover the same day too. What fun is waiting?

    ReplyDelete
  22. What's up, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's really good,
    keep up writing.

    Also visit my page - check it out
    my webpage > american advance cash advance

    ReplyDelete