Wednesday, January 2, 2013

NYE Overview...

Happy 2nd day of 2013, doesn't it feel GOOD to be in the new year? It does to me... I have some fun things planned for 2013 and I can't WAIT to get started on them...

Today I am going to post on my NYE extravaganza;) I had a great time ringing in 2013 with old friends and new. So let's recap... Sorry IG'ers - you may have seen these before:)

So NYE I worked in the morning and then came home to prepare some appetizers for our guests that were arriving around 6:00 p.m (and snuggle my babies). We shipped the kids off around 4:30 p.m. to E's parents house for the night. I also made E stop and get me some pink champagne (since he didn't listen the 1st time I asked). It took me FOREVER to do my eye-makeup. I swear I am not used to wearing THAT much make-up - but it looked pretty darn okay when I was finished. THANK YOU TAMMY for your help on this. I slipped on the little number I bought HERE and decided to keep it simple on the jewelry. Just a few gold bracelets and gold earrings.

I have to admit, when I was shopping I bought these shoes at first...


I IG'd them and received a pretty good response rate - so I was feeling all "okay these are good" BUT honestly they were NOT me - but hey, what girl can't pretend for a night, right? Well then I get a txt from Michelle "Keep looking - don't like either pair with that dress". So.... since I value their opinion, I am back out for the hunt. THANK GOD... I switched up the shoes and went with the nude ones - much more ME and they were PERFECT with the dress. One of the many reasons I adore you - HONESTY - and you know me TOO darn well;) Mwah!



So guests arrived on time. These were E's fraternity brothers and their wives/gf's/fiances that were joining us. I miss these guys SOOOOOOOOO much. We hung out ALL the time and I miss those days sometimes. One flew in from Philadelphia - one drove in from Columbia, MO - and the other from out in O'Fallon.


So by the time the taxi arrived to my house - I was one bottle deep into my pink champagne and we were ready to PARTY. So we headed out and began the night. I was so peeved my phone died around 10:30 p.m. so I didn't get ANY fun party pics. But I did snap some from the night and have people send me some. Oh... FYI... my NYE song (Scream & Shout) played (yes we have skillz with the DJ's) and I danced my booty off - not going to lie, my abs STILL hurt from dancing that night. GOOD NIGHT! Party Pics coming at ya... Yes a photo booth DID happen - Yes stealing someone else's taxi DID happen - Yes sparkles from my dress were everywhere and MANY tweets like this went out - Yes I don't think we left the dance floor for more than 15 minutes AND....Yes, I miss these fellas A LOT:)

Bah!
E has one closed eye - LOL
He meant East Side... LOL...
He looks thrilled, right? #funkiller ;) 
Alright - well we are back to reality, back to being healthy, and back to the MANY responsibilities that IS life... So on that note, I am running 5 miles tonight and doing NO carbs until January 5th. I am on a challenge with Meredith from Is this Thing On? - having a buddy will help me jump start this. Bring it...

So this week's workout schedule goes like this:
Wednesday - run 5 miles
Thursday - strength training
Friday - run 4 miles
Saturday - run 7 miles
Sunday - strength training and 3 mile run

Happy New Year People
How was your NYE? Photo booth fan? Workout for this week?

26 comments:

  1. Your dress is so pretty and you look amazing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pics! You looked gorgeous- as awlways! I'm with ya on the routine- back back to reality! Happy New Year GF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress, love the shoes, love the hair. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress! You and your husband are too cute for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year - you are absolutely ROCKIN that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dress! Maybe I will fit in to something that adorbs this coming December!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No carbs? You are so brave!!! Looks like you had a great time! I died laughing at the sparkle evidence of lap dances hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl. That dress looks like it was made for you. You looked awesome, and sounds like you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New year! I volunteered at a 5k yesterday and tried not to freeze to death. Today, I ran 2.5 miles at a 12 minute mile pace. It took me 30:44 because I walked for the last minute and a half. I'm gonna increase my distance to 3 miles in 36 minutes tomorrow. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fab! I can't believe how well you are at keeping up those LR's; a half (or full*) will be NBD with the base you've maintained. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh what fun! Looks like you had a blast. Love the nude shoes with the sparkle dress. How many numbers did you get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great time as evidenced by the sparkles everywhere! You looked amazing in the dress and I loved the cream shoes that you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty girl! Live the dress and shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl you looked amazing in that dress! Hot mama for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like fun! And you looked hot hot hot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you were able to reunite with good friends! Looks like y'all owned NYE! Goodluck with the low carbing. I've been lc'ing for a while now. I like the fact that it helps me shake off the sugar cravings. Bc the sweet deliciousness of sugary carbs can take me down faster than you can say fluffy carb butt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had a blast!! Love the dress and what is it about husbands that take the fun out of taking pictures!! Ugh!! If mine isnt making a weird face he isnt smiling and looking normal! Happy New Years :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. While I was laid up in bed sick on NYE and living my night thru friends on IG, I told myself that Mel's phone had died because I only saw one pic! Ha! Too funny! Looks like ya'll had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You and your hubs are just too damn hot together!! Haha! Loved the pics and if I haven't already told you 9 thousand times, you rocked that dress sista!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My NYE was boring this year but it looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hot momma!!! Where did you guys end up going? I rang in the new year in the 63021, and was asleep before 11:00

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hot momma!!! Where did you guys end up going? I rang in the new year in the 63021, and was asleep before 11:00

    ReplyDelete
  24. You win for the best NYE par-tay dress. Hands down. And I love honest friends, too. That's my Darci. Ha.

    So pumped for Mardi Gras!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That dress is so effing gorgeous...and you look like a damn model in it. I hate you. But I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Seriously girl, could you mail me that dress and that body to borrow?!

    ReplyDelete