Thursday, January 3, 2013

TBT & Epicness Awaits in February....

Alright it's Thursday and today I am going in with my own little version of TBT "Throw Back Thursday". After this year's NYE and hanging with some ole college friends, I decided to break out some late 90's/early 2000's albums.... and thought you all MIGHT enjoy seeing the old college Mel in full affect... This will then lead into the EXCITEMENT I have for February.... For real, hands down so excited I could pee my pants...
BOOYA... 2002 - my bff's Beth & Sarah.... Beth the one in the back looks SUPER sober;)
Fleetwood Mac Concert in Kansas City, MO - I LOVE ROCK N ROLL... 2001
If you don't know my obsession with Stevie Nicks - read it HERE
Yeah... 2001 - nice shirt and hideous hair. BAH!
Dancing Machine right "hur" 
NYE 2001 (Star Bar - CMSU) - my girl Bridget and I... Chokers are AWESOME;)
Bridget and I again 2002 - CMSU - more neck stuff. HA... 
My bachelorette night... (2004) Come on Mel... WTH was I thinking with that shirt? 
And FINALLY... NO WORDS... NO WORDS... and sweet college bathroom behind me;)
Well a little trip down memory lane there. LOVE IT... so how does this lead into the Epicness... Well February 8-10th my girl Darci will be headed to the STL for some Mardi Gras love... You all KNOW I am a Mardi Gras FAN - you can read about my ridiculousness right HERE and get the results HERE. You know the lovely Holly  and I will be drinking our Slurricanes (Hurricanes for all your nonbustas) and dancing our faces off in Soulard. Darci's presence makes this even MORE sweet. AGH!!! I think a few more blogger gals might be headed to the Lou as well, or MIGHT be thinking about it. COME!!!!!!!

Let's have a 2013 Blogger Mardi Gras PAAAAAARTAY!!! 

Mi casa su casa ladies... E can suck it up... and honestly he would probably LOVE it;)... So if you are thinking about it or are definitely coming - hit me up and I will get with Holly and Darci and we can get this all planned. AGH!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC.... I am clearing my calendar that WHOLE weekend - Let's DO THIS Mardi Gras style!


Peace
Love Stevie Nicks? Awesome choker fan? You down for some STL madness?

28 comments:

  1. Oh holy beezus! I would love to come party my drunk ass off with you girls! Unfortunately there's no way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for one day though. Im totally in love with your TBT pics. You are a fellow party girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I totally remember those stretchy black chokers... good times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics! It just confirms you have always been super hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I had a shirt very similar to the one you wore at your bachelorette party and it is ALSO from 2004! Except mine was a silky "handkerchief" pattern. Why was that in??

    The Mardi Gras weekend sounds epic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! love the flash back! reminds me of my hs days!! the good ole' days! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya'll need to come down to Louisiana for REAL MArdi Gras- seriously Mel you would LOVE it. Everything you just described for a week plus. Seriously- we got off work and everything. Besides I'm just a little jealous of ya'lls meet up! LOVE the throw back pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are adorbs. I have the urge to go wear a choker. haha. I don't know if I can keep up with ya'll - I don't know how to party, but it sure sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures. Mardi Gras sounds like a blast with you crazy ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are making me need to MArdi Gras it up!!!! Those pictures were Epic but a weekend with you ladies would be the epicestestEST!!!!!!!! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's make this madri gras meet up a plan for 2014 as well. This broke momma needs at least a year in advance to save mulah to fly there and pay for a hotel room!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love me some Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks too. Waiting for my paycheck next week so I can FINALLY buy my concert tickets!! I would love some Mardi Gras Madness with y'all, too bad I am already thinking about flying there for the MO Cowbell run in October :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah!!!!!!! I want to come...............

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic pics! I have similar ones, and think "Oh gosh, what was I thinking?" You look great with dark hair too, btw!

    And can I say how jealous I am about Mardi Gras and all you ladies partying together? I wish I could be there!!!! I'll have to drink it up here at home and I'll pretend I'm there, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. and the Post Of The Day goes to.....

    haha I LOVED this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waboom! If I didn't already have a trip planned for Feb, the PG sisters would be road trippin it to St. Louis...womp womp. Maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
  16. Count me in! I was just waiting for another excuse to come to STL and this is it. I may not be able to party like I used to but I'll give it my best try. I may even break out some of my old chokers just for the occasion. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post involves two things I love! College and Mardi Gras! Woot! Woot! I'm sure you guys are gonna have a blast come February!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, I am seriously seeing if I can get my bootay to STL that weekend!!! I am already planning on coming when Lora runs the marathon in April though. I have never really celebrated Mardi Gras though. I might as well come up and celebrate it right!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no idea that there was a Mardi Gras in STL!! Wow! I've been to the one in Mobile, AL. You ladies have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am seriously contemplating making the trip. Louisville and STL are not that far apart. One if my BFF's from high school lives close to so making she can come party it up too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh I can't believe how many chokers unused to have too lol. Why the heck are we going to STL in April to run? We should be going in February to drink and party it up instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously, love those pictures and the choker! I rocked a couple of those myself - Ha! I'm in the process of explaining to my Hubs that me going to St. Louis is saving us money because I'm not going to Blissdom - he on the other hand, thinks I'm crazy. (nothing new) I'll keep you posted if I'll be making the trip!! Fingers crossed cause I want to have some Mardi Gras fun with all you hot chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. totally going to work on this...I have a lot of trips planned already for 2013 so not positive I can fit it in but I AM DYING TO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wish plane tickets didn't cost so much... or that I didnt live a million miles away :( ... Have fun ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pictures! NYE looks like a success!! And glad E liked the dress! I swear every time I think I look awesome and love my outfit Brian hates it! But like I've said before, he wishes I would dress like I am going golfing 24/7! Weirdo! .... And maradi gras sounds AWESOME! Oh the memories there!! Haven't been since I was pregnant with Leah and didn't know it! Oops! I'm not sure if I can pull it off to meet up with you ladies but I will see what I can do! When is the date by the way?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ughhhhhhh I so wish! I would effing have a blast with yall!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to check it out.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Superb blog and great design.

    My webpage :: learn more about it

    ReplyDelete