Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday Ramblings...

Well. Well. Well. I skipped a day, didn't I? Yep the glorious "Weigh In Wednesday". Why, you ask? Because I am NOT getting on the scale until next Wednesday and hosting link-ups give you kind of a "free pass" for a day - or at least they do in my book.

Thank you all who linked-up with us on Tuesday for the "Favorite Running/Workout Attire" link-up. I think I am hitting up Lululemon for this skirt right HERE. They don't have my size right now in this print - but I love this.


I also think I am headed to Tarjay for some knee socks tomorrow at lunch. I want some cute one's for my race on Saturday. If you don't know -  Saturday I am running a 4 mile race called the Frostbite Series 4M. I am meeting my adorable and ever so running diva friend, KIM, from Growing with the Gilmore Girls. This will be the 2nd race we ran together - we also ran the Santa Dash 5K back in December. Since this is a  4 miler - my goal is going to be, to finish in 37 minutes. I think I MIGHT be pushing it - but I am going to stick with that since 7 is my favorite number;) Cheers to freezing our tails off at 9 am on Saturday - the temp should be somewhere around 25 degrees...

I am going to wear my new pink Nike pull-over and my staple Nike capri's. Of course the hat below, as well. I want some cute knee socks and gloves to go with this outfit. Yes I plan my outfit out a week before the race - I AM a girl, ya know. I also can't WAIT to RACE in my new shoes and use my Garmin. This will be my FIRST RACE with my Garmin Forerunner 10.

New Nike pull-over - sorry I posted this pic a million times. Deal with it. 
My Nike capri's at the Glo Run.
I am looking forward to Saturday with the race and all - but I am also going to take my beautiful daughter to Steinberg (outdoor skating rink) for her 1st ice skating experience, that evening. STOKED to the max.

My darling... 
I LOVE to ice skate and can't wait to show her. It is going to be a mommy/daughter night out. I am sure we will be drinking hot chocolate 92% of the time inside, but I am hoping she falls in love with it. I am also thinking sushi and some type of dessert is in the making for our M/DGNO (Mommy/Daughter Girls Night Out) too! I adore these nights...

Tomorrow I will be posting my Half Training Week 2 Update - can't wait to see how everyone else is doing with their running.

Happy Thursday

Lululemon fan? Enjoy ice skating? Love that skirt as much as me?

26 comments:

  1. Saturday sounds like a blast! I love my mommy daughter dates with my girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think part of running is looking good, so I can't blame you on the knee socks. I can't say I ever really match my running attire though, as it usually just matters what is clean and/or smells the least ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ice skating. I actually complete for a short whole when I was about 11 years old. I won 2 silvers and a bronze in a local competition. I had a coach, I did jumps...if I tried anything but regular skating now, I'd probably end up flat on my a$$! Haha. But it is such a fun activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that linkup may or may not have affected my wallet! and now I still have to go back and read more of them.....and today is payday. Coincidence? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I love that lulu skirt! Must get too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove that skirt. I just love mommy/daughter dates. Those are memories she will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, now I need to start planning my outfit for Saturday! ha! ... if you do not find gloves, I have a pair of running gloves from Target you can use. I bought them right before christmas and then my brother bought me the livestrong ones... And I totally think you can do 37 minutes!! I bet you do closer to 36 even! I am excited to race! I havent ran a race for time since Thanksgiving and I am itching to get out there!! ... ok now what to wear.... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and i love the skirt! I will have to try one when it gets WARM out. ... a friend of mine just bought a pair of their running pants and I am so jealous! Just not sure I can spend the 98 dollar price tag or whatever it was...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ALWAYS know what I am wearing before a race. I have a 10k on Feb 9th and already planned what I am wearing. On top of that I always feel like I have to have something new too mainly because of camera people along the route, lol!

    If you have a Dicks or Sports Authority there they always have cute knee socks. The ones I have found at Target are more like a boot or trouser sock. My favorite knee socks I have are from Dicks and they are Reebok and in CUTE fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That skirt is adorable! I have not yet ventured into running skirt territory, but I might have to try it. Good luck on your race this weekend! You know I'll be trudging through my 10K with Holly and Darcy.

    Your Mommy/Daughter outing sounds like a blast! Have fun with your little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LuLu Lemon. Have you ordered from them before? I've got my eye on some things there but I'm unsure of sizing. 25 degrees? It hasn't even gotten that cold here yet this "winter". Props to you girl. I couldn't do it! Can't wait to see those ice skating pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Target is my favorite place for fun knee socks! I neeeed that lululemon skirt like WHOA. I have yet to go to their store because I know I'll just want everything I can't afford. Your little one is gonna love girls night out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so cute! I wish you luck running out there in the below freezing temps, although, if I know you, you'll do amazing and kick that 37 minute goal right out!

    Ice skating.... I haven't been for years, I wish you and Miss Elle a great time, sounds like such a good mommy/daugher time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute skirt! Good luck at the race on Saturday, and hope you have a blast ice skating. I haven't done that in so long, but it's certainly fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that skirt! I've had my eye on it for awhile. I just need to buy it already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh that skirt is suuuuper cute. Never have i even tried on a running skirt before, I'm just never sure it'll flatter me?? I gotta try some!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skirt is absolutely adorable and you will rock the sh*t out of it!
    Although, even when I'm bundled up head to toe gross dudes holler out the window. So I can only imagine the hollers that would be coming out wearing that skirt! Ugh!! Yucky gross dudes! (None of the hot, non-gross dudes holler cos they've got more class.)
    So fun for you M/DGNO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We used to have an ice skating rink in the city I live in but it is so hot here most of the year that the upkeep was killa in cost I'm sure. It went out of business pdq. I hope you girls have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did you get a new Nike pull over? GASP haha I kid I kid. My kids are scared of ice skating they are l a m e!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck with your race Saturday!! You look cute in all of your workout attire! =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So...GFC hates me. I KNOW I followed you but when I came here today it said I wasn't following you again. So annoying. I'm so jealous of your running motivation. I know I just need to start and then I'll enjoy it eventually, but I just haven't yet. My goal is to start next week.

    Hope you have the time of your life on your date and good luck with your race, I would totally plan my outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to read about your half training progress. I'm feeling so bored with my Hal Higdon plan and need to spice it up!!! Your workout gear sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are such a fun mom! I hope Little Miss enjoys ice skating!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been wanting to try a running skirt. I think it would be fun and good luck on your run!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How dare you skip out on us for a day? LOL! I should've texted you so I could get my daily Mel update. Ha! LOVE, LOVE that skirt! When I decide to become a runner instead of talk about it I'll buy one too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. you so beautifull, but just wear jilbab,..search in google "jilbab
    Regards Obat Herbal

    ReplyDelete