Thursday, January 31, 2013

Who Inspires You?

January 31st is a very special day to me - it is THE most important person in my life's birthday - MY MOMMA!!! Her name is Carol, she is crazy cool, super fun, has a heart of gold, and honestly is my BEST FRIEND. This lady right here is who inspires me....

People will come in and out of your life forever, but the one's that stick around NO MATTER WHAT are your true gems. I often find myself reflecting on who in MY life inspires me to get up each morning, to walk about my day confidently, to brush off the disappointment and naysayers, to always find the GOOD in people, to keep taking care of myself, and to just LOVE life in general.

You all know I am a pretty nutty person - I talk loud, walk loud, laugh like a crazy person, act a fool, crack stupid jokes, say ridiculous things, want to be famous (sorry had to throw that in there), and try to enjoy every minute of life - I get all these traits from my number one lady - My mom.

Here are a few things my mom has taught me that inspire me to be the person I am today:

1. Smile ALWAYS...
2. Every person has "another side" of a story - never believe the first one you hear.
3. Life is hard - there will be disappointment and hurt - but know there is always something GREAT on the horizon.
4. Never let anyone make you feel inferior - only YOU can let them do that.
5. Don't take life so seriously - if you don't eat that piece of cake you will be ticked if you died tomorrow.
6. HUG. HUG. HUG. - nothing is better than a good ole fashion hug.
7. Be YOU - crazy and cooky as we are - just be YOU - someone will love you for it.

Growing up my mom never ONCE criticized me for ANYTHING. I was a chunky kid (she told me how beautiful I was), I had a bad soccer game (she told me how great I looked out there), I was heart broken from break-ups (she told me NO boy is lucky enough to have me), I was bullied by others (she told me to turn the other cheek because I was better than that), I was HUGE pregnant with Elle (she told me how much I was beaming and how my skin glowed) etc... Moments of sadness, happiness, fear - she shared in each of them with me. She is my ROCK - she is why I get up each day and am confident in who I am. I love this woman with every inch of my being and I am so blessed that I was chosen to be her daughter.






Happy Birthday Luna... This girl right here loves you more than you will EVER know...

21 comments:

  1. Awwwww Cheers to Mommas and a very happy birthday to yours! LOVE this post Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Happy birthday to your mama! I love my mom to pieces. Although, it wasn't until I got married that I truely learned what an exceptionally wonderful and rare woman of God my mom is. She is too great for words. I strive to be like her in my life whether it is interaction with others, the kind of wife I am to my hubby but especially what kind of mother I am to Eliana. I hope your mom has the very best day today. Go out and help her celebrate that lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a sweet post and Happy B-day to your Mama! I hope you let her read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe happy birthday to the lady who gave me my M$!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Mel! It is so obvious to see where you get your beauty from, both inside and out! I aboslutely loved #7: Be YOU - crazy and cooky as we are - just be YOU - SOMEONE WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT. I'm going to write that down :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gift this post is to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so much like her! I hope your mama has a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww today is a special lady in my life's bday, my grandma :) Happy Happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautifully written! I feel the same way about my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww so sweet. Happy Birthday Mel's mama! You gotta be a great woman to have taught your daughter how to be such a great woman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!

    happy birthday to your mom!!
    If I could be 1/4 the person my mom is, i'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! Happy birthday mama and drink some margs for me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a great post, I'm super close with my mom too! Happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Mel's momma! I see where you get being a gem from!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to your pretty momma! She is a lucky momma to have you too!

    ReplyDelete