Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Had to give...

Just wanted to say hello to the blogging world. I am still here. Things are going well, honestly, very well.

I know it has been a hot minute since I blogged so I thought a quick stop in felt appropriate. Sorry this is all TEXT I am sure you are sick of seeing all my pics on IG - so I will spare you on this one:)

Here is the deal, I was packing my life with a TON of stuff - never saying "no" to anything - and while I love a life filled with shenanigans - I needed to slow my roll. I have quite a bit going on and sometimes "I" need to sit back and re-evaluate. Certain "things" were not bringing me JOY anymore and as much as I kept telling myself they were - truth was THEY WERE NOT!

Update

School is going well, it is still on Monday nights from 5:30-9:30 - so LONG night. This accounting class is HARD - it is not clicking so I am taking extra time to study my booty off. Every free moment I get I have my book out and/or notes doing problems or trying to understand the terminology. I have my final exam next Monday night and then onto the 4th class in the program. AGH!!! I am ready for this class to be over, but so glad I didn't let the challenge of this course stop me from pursuing on.

Work is great, very busy with many projects going on and I am traveling a bit these next few months - so work has me BUSY - but I LOVE IT!

Family is great. E has some changing going on at his place of business, so waiting on the outcome of all that. The kids are hysterical - I am spending extra time with them lately and loving every second of it. These 2 crack me up like no other. Elle and Wes start t-ball soon - yes you heard that right "Elle is playing t-ball", I am giving her 2 practices and then we will see:) She is the girl who needs drink breaks after 5 minutes of physical activity - LOL. Kids are still in swimming and Elle can FINALLY swim. YAY!  So basically Wednesday is Elle's dance night, Thursday Wes swims, Saturday morning Elle swims - so we will see where t-ball fits in.

Elle is too much - she's a smarty, SUPER nosey, and a SASS A FRAS, love her. Wes is so sweet and asking so many interesting questions lately, like this morning "When do we die?" - fun...;) and his new phrase is "I am not a fan of..." and he likes to tell me I am a "hot mess". Oh and at the dinner table the other night he said "O.M.G. that is gross". WHAT? O M G - where did he learn that?

I bought a car (Acura MDX) on a Saturday, that Tuesday someone SMOKED me. I was driving down the street, they were parked and didn't look before they pulled out and $7000 later and a rental - here we sit. I don't even remember what my new car looked like:( At least they were insured and it wasn't my fault.

AND... finally... exercise/fitness/running... I haven't done much at ALL and I am OKAY with this. I scaled back on all of this... running to the gym, running long distances on the weekend mornings, lifting, running on the treadmill... I put all of this on the back burner. I am still working out here and there - trying to eat right - and doing the norm but being honest, I am doing LITTLE.

It actually has been nice to reconnect with myself internally and focus on certain aspects of my life that needed some "Mel time". It's refreshing to rejuvenate myself.

With all this being sad, the beginnings of March will prompt a fresh new start for me. New class, spring is closer, and running outdoors starts. I will be using IG to hold myself accountable - so be aware as you might get annoyed;) Oh... and Turbo Kick is now a new found favorite of mine. So here is to a fresh start.

Happy (soon to be) March




23 comments:

  1. I can't believe some one hit you 3 days after you bought your car. Glad no one was hurt and that they were insured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to new starts! Miss you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything is going well :) Sometimes it's important to step back and reevaluate, and it sounds like your class is awful - um accounting, no thank you :) Sounds like youre doing amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your final:-) Braxton has been saying, "It's all fine mama," which is pretty cute for a 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tired of pics of those precious babes and your oh so pretty face :) Good for you for taking a step back and doing what was right for YOU. Sounds like it's working out quite nicely! February has been cuh-razy and March is my bday month so yes, Happy Almost March to you as well sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like everything is going really great for you! Well, minus the car :( Good luck with you exam!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad the car accident wasn't worse and you are OK! Missed your updates but it is always important to put yourself first, and your family too!! Hope the final goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy hell, I'm so glad you're okay! I can't believe after ALL that waiting for your brand new shiny car - someone hit you! Can't wait to see you this weekend :) Bring your Accounting flashcards so we can study between parade floats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG. you poor thing! I can't believe someone hit your freaking car! That stinks!

    Hope everything is okay with E's job. I know that stuff can be stressful!

    And seriously... Aren't kids just the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! So glad to see an update, I've missed your posts! :)

    Ugh, I have the WORST luck with cars, so I feel ya there. It's the worst feeling, but also the best when you get it back all fixed. :)

    I hope everything turns out okay with E's job.

    And please don't stop "annoying" us with your pics on IG - I love seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, new post! Sorry about the car. That bites. Glad you were ok!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yayy, love being updated on the life of Mel! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no :( so sorry to hear about your new car

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to "hear from you!" Good for you for taking time to focus on the things that matter! Grad school is tough...I cant imagine doing it with a family and working full time! You are a rockstar. Also, I am so sorry about your car! Glad you are ok! Hope it all gets worked out soon and you get a replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Busy busy! Your priorities seem in good standing to me, keep it up Mel. Good luck on that accounting final!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw. So happy to see you here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh nooooo that SUCKS about your car! Glad the kids are good.

    I'm taking a class this semester- just one- but I am having trouble balancing everything. I feel like a bad mom, a bad wife, a bad teacher. Sigh. I just need to get over myself. :)

    Thanks for the blog update!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear you're alive, and post away girl. Your IG's keep me motivated.
    That sucks about your car...grrrrr.
    Can't wait to meet the mini's and E. Two days! AHHHHHHH Get your party pants ready. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the update! That sucks about your car, but I'm glad no one was hurt. I'm looking forward to spring and a new classes too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My job is claims adjuster and car accidents is what I deal with daily. Strangely, I do enjoy my job because I get to help people out. I've been running up a storm! The half I signed up for won't work out this year (ahem, I will be in the Bahamas, oops.) I'm thinking of signing up for a November half so I can at least keep up my training. I'm glad to hear you are ok after the accident and I'm sure your car will be fixed back to what it was before. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you and the family are doing great - AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not the new car!!!!!!!!!!! I would be so upset!

    Glad to hear you are doing good! Miss your daily posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I took a break too. I have missed catching up with you. That is sad to hear about the new car.

    ReplyDelete