Friday, March 7, 2014

Break it off...

Hey everyone. Hope March is treating you right! I am on spring break, officially, and made it through my Accounting class, barely, but I did:) I may have freaked out after my final last Monday and contacted the professor to grade my exam "THAT NIGHT" because I couldn't handle the anticipation of waiting to hear my final grade. Here is the deal, you CAN NOT get a C in your Master's program - you go on probation, have to pay your employer all the money back from the program, and go into straight depression - so needless to say, I was a little on edge. He was sweet and obliged to my "freak out request" and I did just fine and got a B in the class. WOOT! So now onto to Statistics starting on March 17th.

Stats and I are friends - I love testing the validity of theories - I mean that is every day life. I test theories ON THE DAILY;) So I am ready for this class. Numbers might not be "my thing" but put them with whether something has significance or not, and I am ALL OVER IT!

Anyways back to the topic, accounting was not my ideal class, I struggled,  and guess what else I did?... EAT AND NOT WORK OUT... Stress eater right here!



So for 9 weeks I have been laying low - it felt good, but now class is over... I am off track. I can't say I am unhappy because I am not - but things are out of whack and I know it. I want my workouts/running back in my life. I miss it.

Oh and Chris touched on a great subject today - the dreaded "Ah ha" pics that make us go "daaaang GINA I need to start caring again" - here is mine...

All I see are maroon thighs and puff cheeks... womp. womp. womp.
Anywhoo... I just wanted to put this out there for my own accountability. I have California in June and I want to get myself a nice new bikini and wear some boho Cali chic clothes while I am there. Every time I think "boho chic" my mind immediately goes "bare arms" - AGH!!! You know me and sleeveless - ouch... I have some work to do and I need to get started. Here is the deal, I am not unhappy I am just ready to get back on track:)

Here is what I am looking at each week so far.

Monday - OFF DAY (school night)
Tuesday - 3-4 mile run and legs/abs
Wednesday - DANCE NIGHT for Elle - 3-5 mile run and TurboKick class at the gym
Thursday - 3 mile run and shoulders/triceps
Friday - 2 mile run and chest/biceps
Saturday - Long run
Sunday - Back

It is just a start but hey... gotta start somewhere!

22 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new goals! And glad to hear that accounting is done. And with a B! Hooray. Have fun with stats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your B and you are gorgeous...no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS work on your Accounting class girl, you did the damn thang!!!! Enjoy spring break :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn those girl scout cookies......evil

    Congrats on the B!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Accounting being OVA! Cali in June? Yes please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel, I am looking at the next 6-8 weeks being major crunch time in my program, papers. projects and comp exams....eeeeekkkk! I am determined to stay on track too. Summer is comin'! Oh, and I have been there, done that on a grade for a class, never so happy to have a B!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on passing the class and getting back on the exercise horse. I am happy to say I have refrained from my normal 4 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. I avoided Girl Scouts like no other. I had came upon the picture that made me say Damn Gina so I am now clean eating and I am on week 7 and going strong, down a lot of weight too. Good luck, not that you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What??? You're hot!!! But we are our own worse critic. Great goals girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one's thighs look super stellar when you're sitting...but you look FABulous. At least we're getting some much better weather for your runs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey boo! So glad to see a post today :)

    Grad school is death to diet and fitness. Or it was for me. Bahahahaha. You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes a change is much needed. It's so hard to balance it all. You are doing great and I see no puffiness going on in that picture at all! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAHOOOOOO so glad you did so go in your class:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Dance- Congrats on the good grade!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, congrats on the good grade!! Where are you coming to in California? I was not very good in my stats class but I still got a good grade so I'm sure you will be fine!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for a B!!! I knew you'd be ok! I see ALL those cookies. Guilty over here. I have a coworker whose daughter is a girl scout. Somebody needs to buy them out! It's too easy to get a box, she keeps them in the trunk of her car. I feel like we're doing a drug deal when we go out to get a box...so crazy. Your workout plan looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go on passing your class...I can just see you begging for your grade;-) I like the maroon tights. The rest of us see "pretty girl" when we look at your photo:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have seen you in person and you are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!! And you look amazingly fit!! And remember if I say it, I mean it!! Love ya, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Accounting is always brutal. I usually end up getting it but for some reason is always stressful. Know it is a big relief that is over. Great job! At least you have excuse for being a little off track I have just been lazy lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. So proud of you for pulling that B!! Way to go and now it's over, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on finishing the semester on a good note! I have a week left of my classes and I'm so ready for a fresh set. Are your semesters ten weeks?

    ReplyDelete